Ashburn Farm Community Pools
21400 Windmill Drive
50 meters – Occupancy Maximum 122
43641 Golden Meadow
25 meters – Occupancy Maximum 63
43250 Hay Road
25 meters – Occupancy Maximum 60
Click here to view a map of Ashburn Farm.
Click here for pool hours*.
*Summerwood Pool and Windmill Pool hours vary due to Swim Team events.
Pool Membership Applications
Click here to find out how to get a pool pass.
Fill out the Pool Pass Webform here.
Our current paper form can be found here.
Reasons for Pool Closings
The pool area and deck must remain clear for forty-five minutes after the last clap of thunder or visible lightening. For rain – unless it is a hard rain (cannot see the bottom of deep end) or the temperature is excessively cold, the pool should remain open. In cases where there are fecal and/or vomit accidents – the affected pool has to cleared (closed) for 6 hours. If for any other reason a pool requires closing for emergency repair situations, a notice is posted on the pool house doors.
The Crystal Aquatics lifeguards are responsible for coordinating swimming lessons for children. Please speak to the lifeguards to arrange dates/times for your child(ren).
Expected Changes for 2020
Every effort will be made to ensure the pools are safe, sanitized, and ready for use once the State and County permit, and preparations for safety, sanitization, etc. are finalized.
- The pools will not be opening until June 13th, at the earliest. (This date may change, due to CDC, State, and Federal guidelines in place at that time.)
- Pool capacity will be cut – please see maximum occupancy totals to the left.
- Social distancing will be required – at least 10′ apart.
- The Association is exploring a few options to allow fair/safe access to the pools.
- Pools will open for two-hour blocks, then close for 30 minutes every two hours to sanitize. The pool will then reopen for another two-hour block. A reservation made for a block of time for you & your group that must be made prior to entry,
- All pool patrons will need to leave the pool and bathhouse areas during the sanitizing process.
- Members with a Pool ID/Membership only, no guest passes/guests.
- The lifeguards/staff will not be permitting entry to groups of more than 10, or the CDC guidance at the time.
- The Association will not be providing pool furniture, but will permit patrons to bring folding chairs.
- All persons swimming in the pool must have on proper swim attire. (Click here to see acceptable forms of swimwear.)
- All infants/toddlers that require a diaper must wear swimmer diapers and proper swimwear.
- Clean cotton t-shirts and sarongs are allowed on the pool deck, however patrons must have on proper swim attire underneath.
- The following attire is NOT allowed at Ashburn Farm pools: “street clothes”, Brazilian/French-cut, thong style and/or revealing swim wear, cut-off jeans, jeans, skirts, shorts, sport bras, leotards, leggings, dry-fit wear, compression shorts, or compression shirts. (Click here for examples of swimwear that is not allowed.)
- Underwear and undergarments are not allowed to be worn under swimsuits.
Another season of Masters Swimming is under way in Ashburn Farm. The Masters practice group provides an organized workout for adults of all levels. Practices are held at the Summerwood pool 3 days a week (M-W-F) from 6:00-7:30am in the morning.
You do not have to be a “Master” swimmer to participate in the workouts. The people who participate in our work out group cover the complete range from currently active Masters swimmers to tri-athletes to those who just want to get or stay in shape. Some in the group will only be able to swim a couple of hundred yards and some will probably swim 2+ miles. You do not need to be able to swim all of the strokes but you should be able to swim a few lengths of the pool without stopping.
Our workouts run from now through Labor Day Weekend. The program is limited to Ashburn Farm residents with pool memberships. The only cost is the fee to join the US Masters organization. You will have to provide your own equipment (goggles, fins, pull buoy, paddles).
If you have any questions about Masters swimming at Ashburn Farm, you can call or email David Schulte for additional information at (H) 703-726-8169 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also want to check the US Masters Swimming website http://www.usms.org or the local Virginia regional site http://www.vaswim.org for additional information about Masters Swimming.