Coronavirus Response in Ashburn Farm
The Association is taking the following actions to mitigate community transmission of the global Coronavirus (COVID-19). Ashburn Farm Association continues to monitor recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as those of federal, state, and local officials regarding COVID-19 pandemic. It is the goal of the CDC and Ashburn Farm Association to slow the transmission of the virus in our community and region.
Resident Services and Association Administration
- The Association is temporarily closed to walk-in traffic for both the Association Office and Community Center. Staff will be answering phone calls, emails, etc.
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Association has found it necessary to temporarily discontinue “rush” disclosures (3-day turnaround). Disclosure Package requests may still be made, and they will be completed within 14 calendar days.
- Most services available at the Association Office are also available online at www.ashburnfarmassociation.org, by email, or over the phone.
- Trash – Effective Monday, April 13, 2020, yard waste will be collected every Monday at curbside. There is a 3 bag per household limit, and all material must be in paper yard waste bags. NO plastic bags, bundles, or piles will be collected. Patriot Disposal has discontinued its bulk pick up service until further notice. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, construction debris, or any other large items. This does not affect regular curbside trash container service. Trash/refuse that can be placed in standard container will be collected.
- All Association events have been canceled through June 30th. This cancellation includes Summer Kick Off, and the Spring Yard Sale.
- All Association meetings have been canceled until further notice. Exceptions may be made if social distancing can be firmly achieved and observed.
- Private Community Center rentals: All private rentals of more than 10 people scheduled in the Community Center through May 31st will be canceled and refunded in full.
- All Ashburn Farm tot lots and play equipment are closed as of March 20 and will be fenced off as soon as possible, beginning March 23.
- The Windmill Pavilion is closed.
- The Wintergrove sand volleyball court is closed.
- Tennis and basketball courts are closed as well.
- A re-opening date has not yet been determined for the pools. The opening will be done in accordance with CDC and state guidelines at that time.
- Pool pass registration is still available. You may complete the 2020 Resident Application and email it to email@example.com. Click here to review the application process. Passes will be mailed to owners’ home addresses, once processed.
- The Board of Trustees Annual Meeting and Election is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16th.
- The ARB members will continue to meet via conference call on the scheduled meeting dates. EAAs need to be submitted at least a week prior to the next scheduled ARB meeting.
- All other Association Committee meetings of more than 10 people have been canceled through June 10th. Committee members can use email for discussions in the meantime.
Conditions, concerns, and actions related to COVID-19 can change daily. Ashburn Farm Association will continue to monitor and update its actions accordingly. The Association will provide any further updates on this website, on our Facebook page, and via email blasts. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. All other questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-729-6680.