Contractor Contact Information
Phone: 1-703-257-7100 (must dial “1” from Ashburn)
P.O. Box 3219
Manassas, VA 20108
Townhome Trash/Recycling Toters Available
How can townhome residents procure a trash and/or recycling toter that complies with the County & AFHOA Standards?
The Association has been working with Patriot Disposal to provide hard-sided containers with tight-fitting, attached lids. An agreement has been made that facilitates townhome owners leasing a 32-gallon recycling and/or trash toter, for a one-time administrative fee of $20 for one container and $15 for a second. These containers will be replaced for issues arising from normal use for the life of the service contract. There will be a replacement charge for each toter or bin that is lost, stolen, or damaged.
Please email Kristen Cornwell at email@example.com or call 703-729-6680 to order a toter. Provide your full name, address, the number of toters you need, and how you intend to pay the administrative fee, (added to your HOA account with Summit Management or by check, mailed in or dropped off at the Association Office). The first distribution of these containers is tentatively scheduled for the last week in April.
Association Members who would like additional toters should contact Patriot Disposal and lease them for $25 each.
For more information about the history of the decision to use hard-sided containers with attached lids, please click here.
NOTICE: The 18-gallon open top recycling bins previously provided by Patriot Disposal to the townhomes will be collected and disposed of if put at the curb for collection, as they do not comply with the Association’s or the County’s standard for storage or disposal of recycling or trash. This will begin April 1, 2019.
Trash & Recycling Collection Days
- Regular Trash Collection – Monday and Thursday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (or later, as needed)
- Yard Waste Recycling – Monday Only (March 1 – December 24) – Any yard waste placed at the curb during January and February will be disposed of as trash.
- Regular Recycling – Thursday Only
- Special Item Pick-Up – Please call Patriot to schedule (1-703-257-7100)
Patriot Disposal’s service will include twice-per-week trash removal and once-per-week recycling. The Association’s Trash Storage and Collection Policy requires that residents put trash on the curb after 6:00 PM the night before pickup, and remove toters from the curb as soon as possible after pick-up (the same day as trash/recycling pickup). Trash and recycling services will take place between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Mondays and Thursdays.
There will be no trash pick-up if the regular service day falls on New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or any other collection day when Loudoun County refuse and recycling facilities are closed. Please do not set trash or recycling out on these days. Collection services will resume on the next regularly-scheduled service day. Please note: Collection tends to be somewhat delayed the day following a holiday.
- Loudoun County and the Association require rigid containers with lids for storage and collection of household trash and recycling that prevent against blowing, spillage, littering, etc.
- Trash & Recycling must be kept in hard-sided containers with attached lids that securely close and prevent blowing, spillage, littering, etc.
- Containers cannot be placed out at curbside until after 6:00 p.m. the night before pickup.
- Services will be provided on each of the designated service days unless otherwise noted. Collection times, however, will vary.
- Container(s) shall be removed and properly stored at the earliest opportunity the same day as trash & recycling pickup.
- Recycling must be stored and placed curbside in a hard-sided container with an attached lid that is securely closed and prevents against blowing, spillage, littering, etc.
- Loose trash bags, or grocery bags from stores such as Giant, Harris Teeter, etc. are prohibited and are not to be used for trash or recycling disposal.
- All homeowners are responsible for picking up litter on their property and preventing wind-blown debris from originating on their property.
- To prevent containers being lost, placing the house address on the containers and lids is recommended and encouraged.
- Trash and recycling containers repeatedly left at the curb will be considered abandoned & will be collected.
- Patriot will remove moving boxes of new residents from the curb, along with ordinary household refuse.
- The following items must not be put in toters, but instead be separated out for collection: rocks, concrete, dirt, soil, sod, tree stumps, brick, landscaping timbers, construction debris, “trash-outs” and containers or bundles weighing more than 50 lbs. or longer than 4 feet. Collection of these items may be provided for an additional charge. Call the Patriot Disposal Customer Service Department for a quote.
- Please be sure to follow the Association’s Architectural Design & Maintenance Standards.
- Trash cans and recycling containers must be stored on one’s own property and out of open view. For this reason, storage of trash and recycling containers must be in the garage or behind the rear plane of the home against the structure. Storage of these containers in front of or beside the house or garage is not acceptable and is a violation. An exception may be made to the above storage requirement if the property is fenced; however, the containers must be stored behind the fence against the side of the house or garage, providing the side yard is not directly facing the front of a neighboring housing unit, road frontage, or otherwise negatively impacting a neighboring home from ground level. Trash and recycling storage containers cannot be kept on an elevated deck.
Storage of trash and recycling containers must be on one’s own property, in the garage or behind the rear plane of the home against the structure, or in a location on file with, and approved by the Association’s Architectural Review Board, or Board of Trustees. Storage of these containers in front or beside the house or garage is not acceptable and is a violation. If property fencing extends on the side of the home, the containers may be stored behind the fence against the side of the house or garage, providing the side yard is not directly facing the front of a neighboring housing unit, road frontage, or otherwise negatively impacting a neighboring home from ground level. Trash, recycling and storage containers cannot be kept on an elevated deck.
Storage of trash and recycling containers must be on one’s own property, in the garage (if one exists) or behind the rear plane of the home against the structure. Storage of these containers in front or beside the house, or outside of the property line fencing is not acceptable and is a violation. Trash, recycling and storage containers cannot be kept on an elevated deck.
Trash and recycling must be kept in hard sided containers with attached lids that securely closes and prevents against blowing, spillage, littering, etc. and cannot be placed out at curbside until after 6:00 pm the night before pickup. Recycling must be stored and placed curbside in a hard sided container with an attached lid that is securely closed and will prevent against blowing, spillage, littering, etc.
The Loudoun County Department of General Services has produced a new residential recycling guide. The guide can be viewed here: http://online.anyflip.com/cqgx/wkar/#p=1.
Loudoun County’s recycling rate is increasing thanks to everyone pitching in. We recycled 117,000 tons in 2014, 63% of which was bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard. Please take the time to recycle!!
Recycling will be collected by Patriot Disposal at the curb each week on Thursday. The recycling method is “single-stream”; recyclable materials may be placed all together in one container. Recyclable materials include newspaper, mixed paper, flattened cardboard (no larger than 4’x4’), glass, aluminum and metal food and beverage containers, and plastic bottles, jugs and containers. Recycling may be secured in clear/translucent bags, as long as the contents are visible. Click here for more details on Patriot’s recycling program.
Household Hazardous Waste
Used motor oil, antifreeze, automobile batteries, lead-acid batteries, and propane tanks will not be accepted at any HHW collection events. They can be recycled year round at the Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility on 21101 Evergreen Mills Road.
HHW includes items such as fluorescent bulbs, household batteries, oil-based paints/stains/varnishes, paint thinners, metal polishes, rust removers, wood preservatives, furniture polish, waxes, pesticides/insecticides/herbicides, pool chemicals, old fuels (including gas/oil mixes), and many others. Latex or water-based paints are not a hazardous waste and can be dried or solidified and disposed of in your household garbage.
Yard debris is defined as grass clippings, leaves and brush/hedge trimmings that result from the regular maintenance of your yard. Yard debris does not include stumps, rocks, dirt, sod, gravel, mulch, whole trees, or clean-up from storm damage. Collection of these items may be provided for an additional charge.
The specifics regarding yard waste collection are as follows:
- Brush must be cut into four-foot lengths, with limbs no larger than four inches in diameter, tied in small bundles or bagged.
- Bundles of brush can be no larger than two feet in diameter.
- Leaves, grass clippings, hedge trimmings and all other yard debris must be placed in a separate container clearly marked “yard waste” or in biodegradable paper bags, in accordance with County regulations.
- Up to 10 bags, bundles, or containers, not to exceed 50 pounds each.
- Yard waste that is put out at the curb in plastic bags will not be picked up.
Special Item Pick-Up
Special items will be collected at the curb each week. Special items include appliances, small furniture, small electronics, mattresses, and other large items. Advanced notice is required for the collection of all special items. Pricing for certain, specific items is listed below:
- Up to 29” – $50.00
- 30”-39” – $60.00
- 40”-49” – $80.00
- 50”-59” – $100.00
- Tires – $35.00 ea. (car)
- Grills – $35.00 ea.
- Hot water heaters – $35.00 ea.
- Lawn mowers – $35.00 ea.
- Computers – $35.00 ea.
- Filing cabinets – $35.00 ea.
- Basketball hoops – $35.00 ea. (broken-down into 3 pieces and base emptied)
- Basketball hoops – $70.00 ea. (not broken-down)
- Car batteries – $35.00 ea.
- Used oil / cooking oil – $35.00 ea. container
- Toilets – $35.00 ea.
- Exercise machines – $35.00 ea.
Charges for the following items are based on quantity/weight (Patriot will send someone out to do an estimate):
- Construction debris
- Excess yard waste or yard waste not tied in bundles or bagged
- Trees, mulch, dirt, rocks, bricks, etc.
- Swing sets
- Patio table/chairs
- Kitchen cabinets
All fees can be paid over the phone with a credit card (VISA or MC) and must be paid prior to pickup.
Special items scheduled for pickup that are not out on the scheduled pickup day will be re-scheduled for pickup at the request of the homeowner for an additional $25.00 fee.
Patriot will make every effort to provide services when the weather is inclement. Services will be suspended upon notification that a snow, ice, or other weather-related emergency exists. In the event of such an emergency, collection services will resume on the next regularly-scheduled service day, road conditions permitting. Please check the AFHOA website, Patriot website, and the AFHOA mobile app for suspensions of trash service during inclement weather.
Trash Toters and Recycling Bins
There will be a replacement charge for each toter or bin that is lost, stolen or damaged by any means other than normal wear and tear. If you would like an additional toter, or bin they are available from Patriot Disposal for a nominal fee.
Limits of Responsibility
Neither Patriot Disposal nor Ashburn Farm Association, will be responsible for trash can lids, plastic trash cans, or any items, large or small, left near the trash cans. Patriot Disposal will not collect trash from a container that is packed too tightly. Containers weighing more than 50 pounds will not be emptied.
Per County Regulations, the following items will NOT be collected: liquids of any kind, asbestos, ammunition, fuel tanks, hazardous waste, infectious or medical waste, petroleum contaminated soil, radioactive waste, dead animals, manure, dangerous acids, caustics, explosives, or other dangerous material, or items too large or too heavy to be loaded safely into the collection vehicles.