Effective, Monday, April 16th, 2018, Patriot Disposal will begin using automated, side-load trucks for TRASH collection on the single family streets. The change is being made by Patriot Disposal because this is the most cost effective and SAFE manner to service the community.
- This change will not affect your recycling collection in any way.
- Your collection dates will continue to be Monday (trash and yard waste) and Thursday (trash and recycling).
- A video of their collection truck can be seen at the following link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqi-jz7jvSQrkk8RLjZJtN-Xy4Un
WHAT SINGLE FAMILY HOMEOWNERS NEED TO DO:
- On collection days, place your trash container with the handles facing the house.
- Please place the container so the truck’s arm can access the can, leaving the same amount of space you leave for the mail carrier to delivery your mail.
- Please do not park cars near your container so the truck has enough space to dump your container.
- Attempt to place everything in the container with the lid closed. If your container is full, wait until the next service day or place material next to the can.
- Bulk items will still be picked up just as we do currently, it might be necessary to utilize another truck in the neighborhood.
During the first 3 – 4 weeks, Patriot Disposal staff will follow the side-load truck with one of its regular trucks in order to work out any transition concerns. Please contact Patriot Disposal at 1-703-257-7100, or the Association Office at 703-729-6680, with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your patience during this transition!