- These inspections are performed at the request of the homeowner, automatically when a Disclosure Packet is applied for. The homeowner’s property is walked and inspected for compliance. (Landscape, lawn and the exterior of the home will be viewed.) The Association will verify that all exterior modifications have been applied for and constructed in accordance with the approved application. If modifications were made without an Exterior Alteration Application (EAA) being submitted and approved or if the modification was not constructed in accordance with the approved application, then this would be a violation.
Some of the most common exterior modifications that have been noted as violations include:
- Hardscape i.e., walkways, patios, widening of driveways
- Play sets or other recreational structures
- Color changes on doors, shutters, siding, etc.
- Major landscape enhancements, including walls, rock & ponds
- Removal of porch railings
Other exterior issues that would constitute a violation include, but are not limited to:
- Peeling paint and exposed wood on any area of the home
- Rusted and corroded metal railings, rust stains on steps and landing
- Fences that are beyond “weathered naturally”, i.e., excessive mold or mildew or fungus, etc.
- Excessive warping on any exterior wood structure i.e., fence pickets, garage doors, etc.
- Excessive mildew, mold, grime on any exterior structure i.e., walkouts, decks, siding, fences, etc.
- Landscape is examined for dead plants, excessive weeds, etc.
- Missing or damaged gutters, downspouts, shutters, fence & railing pickets, window screens, etc.
- Mismatched paint colors (i.e., shutters that are two or more different colors)
- Any exterior structure requiring maintenance
The homeowner is notified of any detected violations (from any of the above inspections) and given a time-frame in which to make the repairs or perform the maintenance. After the homeowner resolves those items in violation, the Association Office should be notified by the homeowner, and a second inspection requested to confirm and close out the violations which are on record.
To avoid receiving violations, please perform a visual inspection of your home and take steps to correct any violations that you identify. To assist you in correcting any maintenance items you or the Covenants staff may discover, below is a list of contractors that offer a discount to Ashburn Farm residents: Cascade Power-Washing & Cleaning (703-915-2402) and Sonny-N-Sons Painting (703-779-1343) are offering a 10% discount to Ashburn Farm residents.
To assist you in correcting any maintenance items you or the Covenants staff may discover, below is a list of contractors that offer a discount to Ashburn Farm residents: Cascade Power-Washing & Cleaning (703-915-2402) and Sonny-N-Sons Painting (703-779-1343) are offering a 10% discount to Ashburn Farm residents.